FRESNO, Calif., June 5, 2018 - Sunrise Medical is a company committed to protecting the environment throughout its global facilities. Our environmental pledge was established years ago and guides our business practices: "Sunrise Medical is committed to environmental responsibility and our mission is to further promote green thinking throughout the global organization and our supply base." Each year, we establish goals to ensure we focus on this commitment and support "green" thinking throughout our company.
We enthusiastically support the theme for this year's World Environment Day, Beat Plastic Pollution and continuing our focus this past year on the environment which includes:
- Sunrise United Kingdom achieved zero waste to landfill, replaced their fleet of forklift trucks with ones that are 27% more energy-efficient and introduced a formalized e-learning environmental tool for all employees.
- Sunrise Germany replaced plastic bubble wrap, bags, and tape, saving what amounts to approximately seven 40-foot containers of plastic.
- Sunrise North America reduced an estimated 60,000 plastic bottles since expanding the number of water coolers in its facilities. Our Fresno facility added more recycling bins, contributing to a 14% increase in the number of pounds recycled since last year.
- Sunrise UK, Germany, Tijuana, Poland, Fresno have all maintained ISO-14001 certification.
- Sunrise North America, Australia, United Kingdom, Poland, Germany, Tijuana have continued to enhance their recycling programs, making them more efficient, significantly reducing the amount of waste, and furthering the recycling process into the supply chain.
Fostering "green" thinking is part of the culture at Sunrise Medical. Last year we launched an internal campaign to develop a design for a reusable tote bag which was provided to each employee. This year, we initiated a global contest for employees to submit the most creative ways to re-use, recycle, or replace plastic.
Sunrise Medical would like to with you a happy World Environment Day. Quoting the UN World Environment tagline for 2018, "If you can't re-use it, refuse it." We can each make a difference.
About Sunrise Medical: Committed to improving people's lives, Sunrise Medical is a world leader in the innovation, manufacture, and distribution of advanced assistive mobility devices and solutions. Distributed in more than 130 countries under its own 17 proprietary brands, the key products include manual and power wheelchairs, e-mobility products, motorized scooters, seating & positioning systems, and daily living aids. Operating in 18 countries, Sunrise Medical group is headquartered in Malsch, Germany and employs over 2,200 associates worldwide.